[AT] Better build a bigger shed

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:12:14 PDT 2020

A near copy of the other chart on that page (horses vs. tractors) is also in the USDA yearbook.  I started looking at the references, finally noticed the connection.  The EH web page has this reference:

Gray, R. B. The Agricultural Tractor: 1855 – 1950. St. Joseph, Michigan: American Society of Agricultural Engineers, 1954 (revised, 1975).

The relevant chapter in the 1960 yearbook, “The Development of the Tractor”  was written by E. M. Dieffenbach and R. B. Gray.

So it goes back to the same source data but was updated over the years.

Jim Becker