[AT] Statistics In Tractor Manufacturing

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Sep 15 12:54:01 PDT 2019

Phil I agree completely.  the dealer I bought this tractor from was in
Chickasha where I spent  large part of my youth.  I knew this dealer and
had traded with them since the present owner's Dad had started the
dealership working with short lines out of the back door of his house.
For many years he was the Allis and IHC dealership.  He did business on
a handshake, and would not bid against another farmer if he was at a
sale.  He was just a real fine gentleman.  Unfortunately he died of
cancer and his son took over.  His son was also a good fellow.   The
salesman I dealt with was a shirttail relative of a friend of mine, and
we thought he was ok.  The story was that the former owner only used the
tractor to feed cattle with and take care of his place.  He was supposed
to be about 70yrs old and had a couple of oil wells and needed to
trade.  This was a typical scenario in that part of OKlahoma with the
oil play there.
I think the tractor came from the annual sale at Norman where the
dealers get rid of trades and it was cleaned up and I ended up with it.
I had a CIH JX85 that was just not enough tractor for my use.  I had
spent $7000 for a new loader and this dealer installed it.  I had paid
extra for the joystick control instead of plugging into the remotes.  My
new Holland used the remotes that were connected to the joystick.  I
have to disconnect hte loader to use the remotes.  It was a nice tractor
and worked great for the first 40 hours, then the injector pump trashed
apart inside.  It took a complete new pump.  No warranty.  1240 hours
were showing.  at 2500 it sucked the valve.  I thought it was the drive
plate in the transmission as that is where the noise was coming from.
The NH dealership at Chickasha tore it down installed a new drive plate
and then told me that it was a dropped valve.  They broke the windshield
while they had it and lost the $125 bracket on the hood.  They did not
fasten the fuel tank up properly and I found it before it it nearly drug
off.  They also screwed up the fuel intake in the fuel tank and the fuel
gauge no longer works.   I have re-plumped the fuel lines so it will
start without dying, but the fuel gauge sending unit leaks when the tank
is over half full.  The NH dealership did the most damage...   I want to
note that the NH dealer was not the one I got the tractor from.

This is the reason I like the Belarus tractors.  The dealership does not
help me a bit.  The dealership on my MTZ Belarus is in Canada.   If I
have problems, I email what the problem is they send me the parts and I
bill them for the time to fix.  Next year the warranty is out, but I
still have better service than the dealers here.    I think just this
past month I found a dealership that has a good mechanic and I am going
to try them on my TS110 to reprogram the transmission.  It is making a
funny noise like a chatter when going from fwd to rev.  The mechanic
said it sounded like a solenoid.  Sometimes it does not like to go into
reverse, and that may be the solenoid.  They have been very good about
parts and information the past year, so I am going to try them when I
get all my wheat sowed.

Cecil