[AT] Ford 1520

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:06:39 PDT 2019

More tractor names.
Spencer:
The John Deere MC crawler had a lot of limitations but it being a crawler
made up for most of them. Reduced ground travel speeds from lower gearing
made up some for the tiny engine.  The worst of the limitations were
designed out of the 40-C. The dozer blade was extremely useful and
surprisingly effective especially on a farm that had been rather poorly
farmed and was badly overgrown. It also helped that they were new
tractors.  :-)  You could pull out another stuck tractor from about
anything with about any implement hitched to it. We got stuck a lot in
those early years before we got a lot of new tile drainage installed over a
number of years.
On a side note: if we had a stuck tractor and a heavy implement we never
hooked it up to the front of the stuck tractor. We ran a cable back under
the tractor and hooked to the implement hitch to avoid pulling too hard
against the tractor sections where they were bolted together.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA