[AT] Tractor safety

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Mon Sep 2 15:12:30 PDT 2019

> PS: My only intent here is to warn WFE Tractor owners away from being overly confident that they are any safer.

Dean VP, looks like we’re in complete agreement.  I chimed in on some of those discussions with George years ago as well.   Trying to think through the physics is always sort of interesting, but in the end my feeling is always that it’s like discussing whether the drive from Atlanta to Cleveland is shorter than the drive from Atlanta to Chicago.   You could prove which one is shorter, but for a person making the drive there’s not much difference in the nature of the experience.   The notion that “Well, I’m on a WFE tractor so I don’t need to be as careful as I would if it were a NFE” is dangerous.

Dean Vinson

Saint Paris, Ohio

(NFE Super M, NFE JD 620, and a WFE low-center-of-gravity Ford 3600 that does all the hill mowing)