[AT] Tractor safety

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 2 04:28:05 PDT 2019

This link to a Moffett tractor shows the load over the wide drive wheels.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=moffett+tractors&view=detail&mid=D896FCD2B6123E0ACE6FD896FCD2B6123E0ACE6F&FORM=VIRE

Moffett was slightly involved with tractors at one time.

I see Moffett narrow rear forklifts riding next to me on the highway stuck into the back surface of flatbed trucks and trailers all the time. They are used for unloading construction materials. I would bet, due to their EU presence, that they have some data on this issue.

https://www.forkliftaction.com/news/newsdisplay.aspx?nwid=4412

I used to know a man with that name who lived East of Dallas.

Forklifts and tractors with loaders both have something in common, the elevated load.  A narrow rear forklift has the wide axle under the load.

[ deanvp at att.net<mailto:deanvp at att.net>] <snip> Many years ago right here on ATIS I published a link to the engineering study  that showed the roll over potential difference between NFE vs WFE.  As I recall it was a study accomplished in some other country other than the US. For some reason I want to say Australia but that may be a fig newton of my imagination. A few years ago this subject came up again here on ATIS and I tried to find the published information but didn’t have luck then.   Maybe someone who knows how to do a really good search on ATIS Archives can find my reference link.  I’m guessing it was well over 10 years ago maybe even 15 years ago.  The tests were very well documented and the Engineering Science was included showing how the COG changed between the two front ends, before and during a potential roll.  It was a very well done engineering piece of work.  I’ll do some web searching again and see if I can find the article.  <snip>