[AT] 2-1/2 "R"s was Agricultural Equipment Diagnostic Technicians

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 15 15:18:16 PDT 2019

They are only teaching 2-1/2 "R"s anymore. The 17 year old in my house went to three different schools by the end of third grade.  He learned to print in the first two. The second did not offer cursive. The third one he got a 2nd of 2 semesters of cursive. No handwriting instruction after third grade. He needs remedial writing but of course they insist keyboarding replaces it.

I carry a clipboard around at work and print notes on paper. I then keyboard a report I email around at the end of each day. It helps a lot to keep track of what was done when.

[ Cecil] <snip>  The schools do not teach life skills anymore <snip>