[AT] Fiat tractors become New Holland was weighted tires or not???

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 8 06:46:10 PDT 2019

Ford bought New Holland in 1986. New Holland made balers and combines. I do not know how much sharing of product lines occurred.

Ford New Holland was bought by Fiat in 1990.

The Ford name quit being painted onto product in late 1995 and the New Holland name was used instead. Dealerships had to put up New Holland signage. There was a period when New Holland dealers would have had product with both names on their lots.

Fiat Tractors and plants started being lettered New Holland. Date TBD

Fiat bought CaseIH and some models started being similar to New Holland models except for paint. Date to be determined.

Fiat retired the Fiat-Allis brand. Case Construction became the new brand of construction equipment. Date to be Determined.

Fiat was split into two halves with the agricultural and construction products lines under Fiat Industrial. Date TBD. Oddly, IMO, Comau (robots and machine tools) stayed with the automotive half of Fiat. Two Comau facilities exist in the Detroit metro area.

Fiat Industrial became CNH Industrial. James had created a CNH LinkedIn group prior to the split. Linkedin did not let CNH eliminate the existing group.

CNHI is now splitting into off road and truck/bus halves.

The UK had both Ford and IH plants. When CaseIH was sold to Fiat Industrial, the UK forced the divestiture of a former IH plant. It was spun off under the McCormick brand name. Argo Corp bought McCormick and moved production to Italy. McCormick and Landini became clones except for color. Dates TBD

[Stephen Offiler] My '95 Ford 1520 was built just prior to New Holland acquiring Ford Ag.  I seem to recall an arrangement whereby for some period of years, I think 5, the tractors would be labeled "Ford/New Holland".  Mine just says "Ford" and might be among the last to do so.  I have never pursued parts directly from Shibaura.  I have had no problems getting parts from CNH dealers.  I have a brick and mortar dealer within an hour's drive called Kahn Tractor, but I happen to like Messick's quite a bit.  They are nice, helpful folks on the telephone, and the location in PA means I see my parts by UPS Ground in typically 1-2 days with no expedite fees.

I have NO idea how, when, or even IF the arrangement with Shibaura ended.

[James] This says Shibaura built several models for Ford New Holland. I bet the arrangement ended when they rationalized the Ford and Fiat product lines. Can Stephen get parts for his Ford through Ford or Shibaura sources?

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/tractor-brands/shibaura/shibaura-tractors.html