[AT] OT now Construction & Other Equipment

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 7 08:29:12 PDT 2019

Several years ago I was working for an auto parts manufacturer that had Fiat Chrysler as the major customer. The employer had deliberately stopppped working for one of the transplants because the quality procdures were too strict. It was no secret that FCA was the least rigid auto manufacturer about quality. Scuttlebutt was that someone had been caught paying someone at FCA to look the other way over some quality defects. I did get a distribution list type email pointing out that it was against company policy to pay bribes to anyone, sort of a confirmation.

A guy from the Fiat side of FCA did get busted for paying off UAW officials a contract back to get contract approval.

Some UAW officials have been convicted of dipping into training funds.

I do not know how things are at CNHI, the tractor side of the Fiat split.

[Cecil Bearden] <snip> Thanks Herb.  The Allis equipment I have has now been sitting for so long since the Fiat buyout, I don't think I have enough years left to get them running even If I have the money.  <snip>