[AT] 1970's farm equipment

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 23 06:20:45 PDT 2019

The magazine Live Steam used to include scaled down working traction engines. Since they do not have much sheet metal the model building is mostly machining and boiler fabricating. IC engines do not scale down as well.

My brother refers to my full size stuff as "toys" anyway.

[Mitchell Daly] That's really great that they have your tractor on display. I hope that it's indoors and protected from all of the kids that come in from climbing on it. The Smithsonian in DC is having a 2 day display related to the food industry and a good tractor friend has been asked to set up a large display of his replica (we call them toy) tractors inside at the American History Museum. In addition, a close friend who recently completed a detailed restoration of a John Deere 50, including a complete set of mounted cultivators has also been asked to display it in front of the museum. If you're going to be in the DC area, it's scheduled for November 8-9.