[AT] International Model 100????

John Hall jtchall at nc.rr.com
Sat Oct 19 06:09:36 PDT 2019

  Hopefully Al Jones will jump in with more technical data, he has
really studied the changes in the early offset Farmalls. I'd have to
really dig to see what the difference is between an IH vs a Farmall 100.
Possibly just a lack of being able to adjust wheel width (or not as
much) on the IH machine. It may have been more of an "industrial" type
machine (but not painted yellow). Some of the numbered offset series did
use white for the grills, don't know if anything else was white. As far
as I know, the rims were always silver (but I could be wrong). Searching
parts books at CaseIH may give more clues.

I don't have any serial records on either of those (that I have been
able to find).  Hopefully someone can shed some light on the differences
between them, then you can look for those differences and make sure they
agree with the serial tag. Word of warning--the entire offset line
(Super A through 140) whad a lot of "chunks" of parts that will
interchange. It was VERY common to mix and match parts.  For example
both our Super A's have ball joint steering rods and water pumps that
were added many years ago--this was not original to that model, but was
a bolt on replacement, probably from a 100 or 130. We worked on a 140
for a BIG guy. Some of those had a enormous steering wheel--he literally
couldn't drive the machine for lack of room. We took the steering wheel,
shaft, and steering box off a Super A and bolted in place of what he
had. Most folks would have no idea what we did.

FWIW, Super A, Super A-1, 100, 130, 140 was the order they were
produced. Straight A's and 274's are way different.

Regardless of what it is, they are pretty tough little tractors with
plenty of parts availability. Us fellows in the Southeast grew up with
those things, we don't see them being entirely put out to pasture for
decades to come. Keep us posted!!!

John Hall