[AT] Bringing tractor production to the USA

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Fri Oct 18 06:31:37 PDT 2019

There was not enough profit in Ag equipment for Cat.   The new Cat is
not your fat her's Cat!!!!    To paraphrase an old Oldsmobile
advertisement....   My contractor friend is working on a project SW of
OKC about 70 miles.   It is literally in the middle of nowhere...   A
325 Cat trackhoe was throwing an engine code.   The machine has only 270
hours on it, but is out of warranty.  They had to call Cat to repair
it.  Cat serviceman spends about 2 hours on the machine and replaces a
$100 sensor. Service time cost was $200, travel cost was $400 !!!!  This
one of those that can diagnose and transmit the problem via smartphone..

My old E110B  just has a very annoying buzzer that I push a button to
silence.......
Cecil