[AT] Volvo Tractor

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 07:56:46 PDT 2019

It is 29 years. Are you blaming Cat for Mitsubishi's problems. All the tractor companies practice private branding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGCO

I am curious if Agco will eliminate the Challenger brand in favor of Fendt. I saw my first Challenger plowing between Mansfield and Bucyrus around 1987. This might stop Agco from paying Caterpillar licensing fees for the brand. John Deere essentially broke the Caterpillar rubber track patents.

A lot of the orange people were upset when Agco stopped painting tractors orange in 2011. It costs more to paint wheeled tractors in red, yellow, and orange than just red.

[Cecil Bearden] IMHO, Agco is the worst thing that hit the agriculture scene in the last 25 years.

They stated they were going to be the Sears & Roebuck for agriculture. They also said it made no difference where a tractor or equipment was made.   So the same model may be different on the inside and you have to have the serial number to find the right part.   I have enough problems with that on my Caterpillar equipment.   The biggest problem is finding the right part on my E110B trackhoe it was made by Mitsubishi for Cat, but they changed the hydraulics 4 times in the models produced.
Cecil