[AT] Checking in.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Oct 10 06:57:50 PDT 2019

First off, when I opened my ATIS mail folder this morning for the first time
in a long time
the first message I saw was about Larry Goss.   I'm so sorry to hear of his
death.  Had he
been ill or was it unexpected?

Bo Hinch suggested that I check in.  Yes the rumors of my demise are
exaggerated.  LOL
I'm doing fine.   I had glaucoma surgery on one of my eyes a bit over a year
ago.  The surgery
was successful in terms of regulating my ocular pressure  but somehow as a
result I now see
double images at certain distances.  Unfortunately, one of those distances
is from where I am
sitting at my desk to my computer screen.  It's a bit disconcerting seeing
two screens, one
overlaying the other by about half and slightly askew.  The doctors all
thought my brain would
eventually bring the two images back into one but so far it hasn't happened
so it's pretty uncomfortable
for me to do my email.  My doctors don't seem to have an answer and I
haven't yet made the decision to
travel several hours to see someone who might help.  So that's the main
reason you don't see me here more often.
I can drive just fine.  I can read on my phone without much problem.  I can
read books if I hold them at the right
distance.  I can sit on my sofa and only see on TV but if I sit on the other
end I see the dreaded ghost image.
I'm still using the old ATIS mail service and never got around to going to
the new system.  I guess that would help
if I felt like figuring it out.  Anyway enough of my complaining.  I don't
mean it that way.  I'm just trying to explain.

I hope everyone is doing well.  With so much going on in my life right now I
have pretty much stopped playing with
my tractors.  The vision issue is part of that also.   But my doctors say
I'm healthy as a horse otherwise.

If anyone wants to contact me off list by e-mail write to
uncleallis at gmail.com and I'll see it on my phone sooner or later.
If you contact me here I might not.  I think I have about 20,000 unopened
messages in my mail folder and close to 2000 in
my ATIS mail folder.

Maybe I'll get back to my old routine soon.

Well I'm tired of seeing double so I'll talk to you guys later.
Best wishes to all!

Charlie