[AT] Fwd: Re: 3 cyl diesel problems

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Sun Oct 27 18:23:51 PDT 2019

Sure sounds reasonable to me, keep us updated. Careful using ether or
anything when starting these diesels especially if they are new. A lot
of emission and sensor BS on them these days.

Mike M

----

Our reasoning for changing the fuel filter was 2 fold ,it was old and we
thought it might of had some water in the fuel that the added .

  All we had to work with at the time was a pair of vice grips ,so we
did loosen one injector line , but needed wrenches to get the other two .

   Thing is it will run smoothly  for a couple seconds after priming
then it sputters and shuts off so I dont see a gas soaked rag helping .

  Air in lines a possibility but after priming we pulled off the fuel
ling going into the injector and cranked the engine ,no fuel came out .
Owner is leaning toward a bad fuel pump which he will have by wensday .