[AT] Right to repair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Nov 27 14:46:38 PST 2019

International Harvester still builds one.  I have seen 3 around here.
The big Chevy  is usually used by Backhoe operators to tow a gooseneck
with a Backhoe.   I have a 1998 C 8500 Chevrolet with a 3126 Cat and
Allison auto I built for pulling  trailers, it stays hooked to my 30ft
tandem dual w/ hydraulic tail.  It is fine around town and for short
hauls, but with a cab tractor on it and heading West out of OKC on I-40,
it is under powered.  There is usually a 20mph wind out of the NW or SW
and there is a slight upgrade, 300ft in 70 miles with a river in
between.  I pushed the firewall out 2 inches the first time trying to
make 60mph.  The return trip it will make 70mph.  The wind resistance of
a cab really pulls a truck down.  The tractor weighs about 12500.
Cecil