[AT] OT Oliver's decline

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 27 11:47:16 PST 2019

Sometime in the second half of the fifties, our regular school bus was out of service. We got a floater, a White with a gasoline engine. I remember sitting behind the driver and focusing on the oil pressure gauge. This one had black narrow hood and black thirtyish looking front fenders.

James AT List Member and advocate of upgradeable tractor vocational training (jamesgpeck at hotmail.com); The best selling White,  formerly the White Freightliner, still exists. Freightliner is now owned by Daimler and is essentially the North American truck brand of dAimler and the best selling semi tractor in the US.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freightliner_Trucks

Cecil Bearden AT list member, Oklahoma farmer, and Professional Engineer <crbearden at copper.net>; White has certainly been the kiss of death for anything it gets into..

Tom A AT List Member <toma at risingnet.net>: The White Oliver alliance actually goes back a lot further. Rollin White organized Cletrac Corp in 1916. White was formed about 1890 by Rollin's father and had been making sewing machines and steam cars.