[AT] Right to repair

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 26 20:16:34 PST 2019

On 2019-11-26 9:30 p.m., Cecil Bearden wrote:

> IMHO the best pickups GM built were the 73-85 models.  They still had
> cables to control the Ac vents, and simple controls.  I got a newer
> pickup last year, a 2011 Chevrolet 3/4 ton 4x4, it has a lot of
> extras.  My biggest objection is thhe same as I have with all the new
> pickups.  They are as tall as my 2ton Grain truck if not taller!!
> What is the deal with all these trucks that require a step ladder to
> get into the cab or bed??    Now we use a Polaris Ranger where we used
> to use a pickup....
> just a ramble
> Cecil

Yes, if I could buy another "new" pickup like the 1981 I currently use,
I would. I can reach over the side, or climb right in to the box to
reach anything. Without a step ladder. And its got a full sized 8 foot
long box. Something it seems a lot of newer trucks don't have and I find
a bit ridiculous. Massive high riding trucks with double the power of my
old 81 but a little box not much bigger than the old car trunks. They
are not built for the working man. And lets not even start talking about
the price of them. There will never be a new truck in my future.

Ralph in Sask.