[AT] OT war on poison ivy

Phil Auten pga2 at basicisp.net
Sat Nov 23 09:43:53 PST 2019

I had noticed the hot water relief too, Howard. I simply forgot about it
while the discussion was focused on getting the oil washed off BEFORE
the rash showed up. As far as recognizing the plant goes, one learns to
recognize it pretty quickly after the rash shows up. My first dose was
from felling trees with vines growing on the trunk. Didn't realize that
the vines were PI until the tree was down and I could see the leaves up
higher in the canopy. Now I am careful of cutting any vines on tree
trunks until I have verified that they aren't PI. I have a real good
crop of PI here on my 20 acres, so I see it almost daily.

Phil in TX