[AT] Right to repair

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 21 21:43:31 PST 2019

I am suspicious that this article is not  truly "rogue", but reflects chafing under an official policy.

I speculate that this problem is caused by a number of different factors. I would ask, did anyone on the project team who selected the equipment represent the people who had the responsibility to maintain the equipment?

Bradford AT List Member <bloomis at charter.net>; Not being a farmer but a maintenance mechanic who repairs all manner of items I've read with interest the comments on this list about "Right to repair" and the big manufacturers. Today's NY Times has an editorial on just that as it relates to the military. Our tax dollars at work, against us. Not sure, you may need a subscription to read but jeez, what a mess. Send equipment back to the States from the battlefield because the Marines can't repair their equipment.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/20/opinion/military-right-to-repair.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_191121?campaign_id=2&instance_id=13923&segment_id=18966&user_id=57181594d83579e309e3a0907875e753&regi_id=26359631121
Brad