[AT] war on poison ivy, it is the oil that does it

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 06:35:19 PST 2019

If you choose to believe Wikipedia, the original Fels-Naptha soap was
intended for laundry use, and it contained naphtha (please note spelling)
which is a petroleum distillate.  Somebody discovered it was good at
removing urushiol.  But then they had to remove the naphtha because it is
carcinogenic.  The reputation for effectiveness against urushiol persists.
(Along with warnings that it is intended for laundry use and may cause skin
irritation.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fels-Naptha

SO