[AT] Knowing when to call it a day

Aaron Dickinson a_dickinson at att.net
Sun Nov 17 16:37:29 PST 2019

My parents chose to plant 5 hawthorns as part of there landscaping in 1972, not bad when they were new, inside a long flowerbed. Over the years the trees grew and the flowerbed shrank. They didn’t last long once the flowerbed was returned to lawn and me, mower, and limbs came to a meeting.  My dad also planted a thornapple in the yard causing my great uncle to ask my grandfather how they managed to allow someone into the family that would intentional plant thorny apple brush in their yard. My great uncle always fought thornapples in the fencerows on his farm, he did later comment at what a pretty tree it has grown into with proper pruning.

Aaron Dickinson
Mason, Michigan