[AT] Knowing when to call it a day

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 05:01:53 PST 2019

Agree with Mike.  I already made some comments about notch and hinge
technique;  his point about notching down low is another good strategy.
Although, a factor that might force a higher notch is a heavy
curvature/splay of the root system just above ground level.  Sometimes
you're forced to notch up where the trunk has more or less straightened out.

SO