[AT] Auction

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Nov 16 18:11:40 PST 2019

I see a lot of old tractors on Craigslist around here.  As always there
are a lot of ridiculous prices, but old 9N & 8N Fords are not an
investment property.  They can be had for $700 to $1100 Masseys about
the same.  Anything without 3pt and PTO, good luck getting anything for
it..
My theory is that there is not anyone left who appreciates these
tractors like we do.  Very few people can work on one, and they do not
have the room to store them.  The ones who use them on small acreages
want a loader, and a cab is wanted for much bush hog work.
Personally as soon as I can get a couple of the late model tractors
running again, I am going to resurrect either the 5000 Ford and mount a
loader on it or the 7610 w/ loader.  For a utility loader, moving iron
and junk, the cab is a pain.  It is harder to get into and out of, and
it higher off the ground.  The cab adds 2 steps.  That is more pain in
the knee.....
Cecil