[AT] LeTourneau

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 12 08:07:36 PST 2019

I think we have had this discussion before. The externals links on the Wikipedia article point to Wabco.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R._G._LeTourneau

We went to see the movie current wars recently and Westinghouse played a key role. We did see some steam engine powered generators

Cecil Bearden AT list member, Oklahoma farmer, and Professional Engineer <crbearden at copper.net>; It was my understanding that Caterpillar bought LeTourneau as they were too much competition.  A few Years ago Cat produced an Electric Dozer. MTZ/Belarus has an Electric tractor they call the Locomotive.  For an extra $5k option you can run the farm on it during power outages.

Cecil

[James] They were using the Komatsu dozers to harvest gravel from the sea floor near the coast at low tide. They were hauling it in with salvage AM General 6 by dumps.

I bet Letourneau University did not change their name to Komatsu University.

https://osuit.edu/komatsu/index.php

[ustonThomas Mehrkam engineering graduate of Letourneau University > <tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net>] <snip> I studied Engineering at Letourneau > University in Longview Tx.  I met the man once. He was a real Genius > and worshiped by everyone there. Unfortunately he died shortly after I > met him. The Letourneau factory was across the road from the school. > We toured the plant many times. They were manufacturing Giant Diesel > electric dump trucks for mining Operations among other things.  They > were also making Battle Ship shells. This was during the Vietnam war > and they were making munitions for the war effort. They even had their > own steel mill on the site. The School was great.  <Snip>