[AT] Craftsman Tool Warranty

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Mon Nov 4 10:43:58 PST 2019

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> No.  Stanley Black & Decker currently owns the Craftsman brand.  Apex
> Tool Group, a venture formed by the combination of Danaher and Cooper
> Tools in 2010(ish), does some of the manufacturing.  I know Apex pretty
> well; my company actually manufactures a few thing for them.
>
> SO

My only real complaint with Craftsman now is that under SB&D they are
not even selling some of the tools they did under Sears. That means if
you break one of those you are out of luck. I'd like to see them
transfer those over to Mac for coverage as they still sell most of those
tools under that brand. My local Ace says they will cover any tool that
they can get under the Craftsman name, but if it no longer exists...

I do like that they are at least bringing some of the manufacturing back
to the US. I just hope it's not going to be like others that say things
are made here when in reality they are simply assembling a parts kit
from somewhere else.

--
Steve W.