[AT] Ferguson TO-20 back home

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 03:42:09 PST 2019

I took a few minutes yesterday afternoon to "fix" the "little gray Fergie"
as they are affectionately known in the UK and other parts of the world,
and now here thanks to the Internet. The weather had turned really nice
yesterday so I just did it outside.
Only took about two minutes. I had it in my head that the distributor rotor
turned clockwise... and stuck the plug wires in accordingly. It seems that
I was wrong... which became clear when I popped the cap off and hit the
starter a second watching it. I still didn't know which was #1 on the cap.
I guessed which hole was #1 and of course was wrong again.  :-)  :-) Rather
than get tools out to find #1 since the wires were slipping in and out of
the holes easily I just moved everybody one hole and hit the starter. Nope,
not that one. I was like the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland. "Clean cup,
move down..."  :-)  The next move was the right one and when I hit the
starter it sprang to life running perfectly. Beautiful sound... Life is
good again.
BTW, I did look for a "1" on the cap but this one was not marked. Probably
an after market cap for multiple applications.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA