[AT] Honey Locust

STEVE ALLEN steveallen855 at centurytel.net
Mon Nov 18 13:17:14 PST 2019

4 inch thorns on your Locusts?  Ha!  Pikers!  I've measured thorns in excess of 10 inches on our place.  And they are made of iron, near as I can tell.

I wage--and have taught my son to wage--a continual war on those d at mned trees.  We find; they come down and burn.  We pay a blood price for every one, but I am convinced they are a central facet of the original curse on Adam and his progeny.  I have had too many holes in tractor tires, implement tires, truck tires, and boots.

Sure, we have Osage Orange, blackberry, multi-floral rose, and some other blasted vine that would make effective barbed wire, but Locusts are my especial bane, and I repay the compliment!

The "original" Steve Allen