[AT] Samson High Crop was Hanomag and Steyr manufacturers of autos and tractors

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 9 18:45:50 PST 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf0f9DVikPM

It recently came to my attention that the Janesville, Wisconsin, assembly plant closed as a result of the 2008 GM bailout, had at one time been the assembly location for the Samson, GM's try at tractor manufacturing.

Steyr is a Europe only brand of CNH.

[James] The March 2019 issue of "Skinned Knuckles" shows photos of early Hanomag, Steyr, and other manufacturers  that were making VW Bug predecessor vehicles.  The article is called  "Volkswagens Before the Beetle". The Steyr brand of tractors still exists. Hanomag was owned by Massey Ferguson for awhile and quit manufacturing tractors under their own name. They ended up as part of Komatsu.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanomag

In the US we had Ford and International Harvester as manufacturers of passenger vehicles and tractors.
.