[AT] OT Worst and Best Buys - Ramble

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:28:00 PST 2019

If I were the Mexican based truck manufacturer Dina, I could make a plain jane pickup I could export to the US and Canada under NAFTA.

Since both GM and Toyota have sold off shares in Isuzu, Isuzu could do the same. A couple of models back, the Chevy Colorado was designed by Isuzu.

The gainer in the midsize pickup hiatus was Toyota. They kept selling the midsize Tacoma right along. They did relocate Tacoma production to San Antonio after they vacated the Fremont California plant.

Todd Markle Spring Mills, Pa. AT Member <farmallgray at aol.com>  I kind of doubt the new ranger will be a strong seller. Obviously, they thought they had a good reason for dropping it when they did.  All the new "small" trucks aren't that small so they aren't any cheaper than a full size. The manufacturers won't make them significantly cheaper because they won't get their desired profit margin. They don't offer plain Jane trucks anymore for the same reason.

Dick Day AT Member <dickday0 at gmail.com> Ya know, unfortunately with my first name, I end up in spam a lot of the time.  Thanks for the info.  I can't wait to see the new Rangers.  I wonder what the decision to drop Ranger from the truck line cost Ford.