[AT] Diesel rated oi/ Gasoline powered engine?

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun May 26 15:16:09 PDT 2019

If I was concerned about Rotella, I would pour in a bottle of Zinc
Dithiophosphate it is recommended for flat tappet engines. Personally I
use Mystic 15W-50 in all my later model engines.  The old Detroit 3-53
in the compressor uses Mystic 40W with Lucas Oil added.    Most of the
older engines don't run hot enough to get the viscosity modifiers to
activate.  Those need straight weight.   Any flat tappett engine that is
used hard I use the zinc additive.

Cecil