[AT] A very wet spring

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue May 21 21:36:40 PDT 2019

On 5/21/2019 4:29 PM, toma at risingnet.net wrote:

> A lot of people would like to relate our California fires to climate
> change. The problem is the climate hasn't changed much. It still gets
> up to 102 degrees during our long dry Summers. The be rainy season
> runs from early Nov through April if we are lucky.
>
> Here it is late May and we had nearly 2 inches of rain in the last few
> days. Rain is predicted for the next few weeks. If this is climate
> change, bring it on.
>
> A few rains in the summer would do wonders for our fire season.
>
> --

Most of Saskatchewan is at extreme fire risk now due to a dry spring.
After a dry winter and dry last year. Nothing but East wind and no rain.
Cool too so not much is growing. Crop planting is near completion in
this area. I've got about 80 acres of oats to do before I park the air
seeder. Spring wheat in the ground for 10 days or more and I still can't
see it from the road.

On the upside we have gained back a few acres that were flooded out in
the wet years. Some video here of my brother tandem disking some oat
stubble with the 830 Case this past weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLTUFKeCH_0

Ralph in Sask.

---
https://www.avg.com