[AT] Farm tractor dealerships

Aaron Dickinson a_dickinson at att.net
Mon May 20 20:22:28 PDT 2019

Back in the ‘40’s -‘50’s we had several dealerships in our small town: Oliver, Allis, John Deere, I think Ford and International (Not all at the same time, some dealers changed brands). We still have a John Deere dealer in town that handles all sizes (they have the big 8 wheel articulated all they way down to lawn mowers) and they have two other locations within 30mins drive. CHN is represented with two separate dealers each within 40mins drive in opposite directions. Agco has two separate dealerships within 40mins.

Mason is 20min south of Lansing, the state capital, in the middle of farming country. There have been a lot more subdivisions built in the last twenty years, but with GM downsizing in Lansing that has slowed. Most of the farmers around here are “smaller “  300-3000 acre. There are some of the bigger farmers around.

Aaron Dickinson
Mason, Michigan