[AT] Farm tractor dealerships

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 08:04:42 PDT 2019

Sign of the times.  Closest full line caseIH dealer to me is now a little
over an hour away.  CNH has just about given up in NC, in terms of numbers
of dealers, IMO.  They forced out two of the oldest (and IMO best) dealers
in the state within the last year or so.

There are basically two John Deere "dealers" in NC, James River Equipment &
Quality Equipment.  Each own multiple stores.  Most were at one time
individually/family owned dealers.

We have a wonderful MF dealer here in my hometown.  I think they may be the
last "down town" equipment dealer in the country.  They cater to the horsey
set that want small tractors with front end loaders and full time farmers
that need a tractor under 80HP.

Things have changed, even since I was a kid in the late 70s-80s.

Al