[AT] OT New Toy

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Thu May 16 20:23:59 PDT 2019

Took delivery of a Cat D6D yesterday.  My early Father's Day present.
It has a cab, but w/ an air conditioner that is gonna need a lot of
work...   My old dozer was a D6 8U series about 1952 model...  This is
like the difference between a 4020 and a TO-30!! Our old red clay is a
pain to try to move with anything, but this machine can move a bunch of
it.  I have been busy with building crossings over the creeks.  the cows
use them more than I do.  It is so wet here that cattle go down to their
knees when within 6 feet of the water.   Worked about 5 hours today with
the D6D and the 944 loader and built a crossing about 4 ft above the
creek and 100 ft long with a 24in pipe.  I dug fill out of a 100 yr old
railroad embankment with the dozer and hauled it with the 944...     I
love Cat equipment, its the gift that keeps on giving!!!!
Cecil