[AT] Russian Metric uses BSPP

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Sun May 12 21:02:10 PDT 2019

Work I have done in Russia and China commonly uses BSPP threads for pipe. They are a real pain to get to seal. I developed a strong hatred of them.
Recently I purchased a small “stock tank” from Tractor Supply to use for cooling drinks with ice at a wedding. The drain on it was BSPP. We screwed in a male NPT thread and a valve and it held without significant leakage.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad