[AT] OT: Cast iron work on a replica cannon

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun May 5 04:46:00 PDT 2019

George Washington's rise to power included more than starting a world war. He surveyed land that was transitioning from Native American to Euro-American ownership, on shares. That is, he got a share of the claimed land. I believe he worked with surveyor's chain.

[ Rena Glover Goss] <snip> So tell me-- How long is a surveyor's chain, and what are the units in it?  This is not an esoteric question.  Our family is currently dealing with a real estate transfer that dates to the original survey for the Wabash-Erie canal.  The concepts of Range and Township were still reasonably new at that time, and the units of measure corresponded to the most current technology.<snip>
.