[AT] OT: Cast iron work on a replica cannon

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat May 4 21:45:03 PDT 2019

You are correct Steve - just had it reversed in my mind (or in my typing, just returned from a long trip and can’t even remember what I did this morning).

So I did spend some time searching ( should have done that first I guess).  You are right - unicorns for sure.   The only reference I could find were plugs and this one bolt, which might work:

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-steering-wheel-bolt-m15x1-5x29-11610164

Wonder why the taps and dies are so easy to come by if the bolts are so rare.   Heck, Home Depot even has them:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Drill-America-m15-x-1-5-Carbon-Steel-Hex-Re-Threading-Die-DWTSMH15X1-5/305502698

  And it frequently shows up on charts:

https://www.newmantools.com/tech/threadmf.htm

Maybe it just fell out of favor?