[AT] OT: Cast iron work on a replica cannon

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat May 4 07:47:15 PDT 2019

I’ve been giving this some more thought, and I am actually now a little more serious about metric if you can tolerate the idea of a metric bolt on a canon.. All you need are:

15 mm x 1 threads per millimeter tap.
14 mm drill for initial boring prior to tapping.
A 15 mm x 1 threads per millimeter bolt at the length you need.

No special tooling, no  excessive drilling diameters, etc.  A single thread per mm is a course pitch so it meets that requirement.  This is all fairly cheap, straightforward, available from major Internet retailers and probably your local fastener store if you have such a beast. I am lucky - I have three.

Anyway you go, best of luck.

Spencer Yost