[AT] OT: Cast iron work on a replica cannon

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Fri May 3 07:26:07 PDT 2019

Metric is the work of the devil...…..

Helicoils are wonderful.  Very easy to do and they WORK!

My white demonstrator Super A that I have been tinkering off and on forever
had four badly stripped holes in the torque tube.  Somebody had tapped the
5/8" holes out about 7/8 or so and it was BAD.  There wasn't any threaded
inserts that I could find that would be direct replacements.  A machine
shop friend of mine was nice enough to make a set of inserts, kind of like
the KeenSerts, and install in the torque tube.  Once it's painted I don't
think you'll be able to tell that anything ever happened to it!

Al