[AT] towing tractors with a pickup

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 18:47:24 PDT 2019

Hi Phil:
I would think that you would look suspicious at any speed.  :-)  :-)
I was just sitting here thinking about when I met you at Portland the first
year I went there many years ago.We sat together and got acquainted at the
dinner, I think on a Wednesday and I think the chosen restaurant of that
time was still in Portland, not Decatur. I forget the name. I'm pretty sure
that you were the first ATIS member that I ever met in person. I can't
recall just how many years ago that was.
Always good to hear from you.

.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 9:10 PM Phil Auten <pga2 at basicisp.net> wrote:

> I found that my pickup gets it's best gas mileage between 45 and 50 MPH.
> Unless I need to get somewhere in a hurry, I will drive 50 and move onto
> the shoulder to let others pass. I did just that the other day going down
> US77 to let a Highway Patrol Tahoe go by. He didn't seem to think much
> about it, but it was broad daylight. :o)
>
> Phil in TX
>
> On 3/31/2019 3:31 PM, Indiana Robinson wrote:
>
> <SNIP>
>  The other dumb attack is the same one that nabs many drunk drivers,
> driving too slow...  :-)
>

> .
>
> On Sun, Mar 31, 2019 at 9:09 AM Steve W. <swilliams268 at frontier.com>
> wrote:
>
>> James Peck wrote:
>> > Does the implements of husbandry exemption allow people without
>> > drivers licenses to operate farm tractors on the highways?
>> >

>> In NY at least you don't need a license for any farm equipment as long
>> as it has the SMV sign on it. Just like the Amish don't have drivers
>> licenses to operate their buggies because they are exempt.
>>
>> --
>> Steve W.
>>

> --
> --