[AT] OT Tractor based tree pruning

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 16 14:41:15 PDT 2019

Several people in my age range told stories of being drafted into the US Army as teenagers, passing qualification tests, then being sent to helicopter flight school. All flunked out for various reasons. A more recent coworker, told of being accepted for the school after completing an enlistment as an air traffic controller. The Army, to my knowledge, is the only service branch that does it that way. The latter soldier had learned to fly using a training simulator.

[Warren] I have a friend who was in this business, After his Dad died when he crashed his plane, my friend survived his helicopter crash while doing just this, he gave it up. It's an extremely dangerous job.

[Roger Moffat] Forget about tractors for a moment - here’s a helicopter trimming trees..

https://gizmodo.com/this-40-foot-buzz-saw-hangs-from-a-helicopter-to-trim-t-1589026400