[AT] Tractor based tree pruning

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 06:10:34 PST 2019

They used one of those on a big 4 wheel logging vehicle to trim along a set
of Duke Energy feed lines that run next to the railroad that cuts a tip off
of the back corner of the farm. It makes a chainsaw and bucket truck look
like trimming trees with a fingernail clipper.  :-)
The actual power line right of way is not on the railroad right of way but
along a long abandoned Interurban electric trolley right of way that is now
part of the farm. That corner between the railroad and the Interurban grade
is 1.4 acres. I use it for growing trees...

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 7:14 AM Stephen Offiler <soffiler at gmail.com> wrote:

> What surprised me is that there's no "shoe" (for lack of a better term)
> and the whole circular blade is just whipping around in space.  I would NOT
> want that thing anywhere near a power line!
>
> SO
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 11:00 PM Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I have watched one of these on a tracked machine work in a swamp.  It
>> had an 80ft reach and the operator could trim within 1 foot of power
>> lines...  It took guts, but this guy had ran that machine for over 5
>> years....  He could do about 2 miles a day..
>> Cecil
>>
>> On 3/5/2019 10:28 AM, James Peck wrote:
>> > https://youtu.be/GsYsEtgTLrI
>> >

>> > I was thinking more like a joystick controlled arm with a hydraulic
>> powered chainsaw at the end

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA