[AT] Another test email

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Mon Mar 4 09:23:35 PST 2019

There are several possible explanations for this.  There is a setting on our list administration site that you can go into to prevent the list from sending you any copy of messages you author. But nobody ever bothers to do that so I’m sure that’s not the case for any of you folks.

99 times out of 100 it is the ISP trying to cut down on the amount of traffic and storage and are eliminating messages that originated from the sender by defaulting a setting in users account to “do not deliver messages I author”.   Sometimes  you can change this yourself when you log into the web interface of your ISPs email.  Sometimes it involves a call.  Sometimes it is so difficult to get the ISP to even understand what you want you just switch.   As Gene Dotson mentioned, it happened to him, switched to gmail, and the problem went away.

As Phil indicates there are some settings on your local mail client to that could cause this. One of them is replying to original author, rather than the list. There is another setting buried in there about not receiving messages you sent to a mailing list.   I don’t think Thunderbird has that one though. But I have seen it in other email clients.

Spencer Yost