[AT] Auction

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat Mar 30 20:02:37 PDT 2019

I went to a tractor auction today. Lots of tractors from the estate of a gentleman who collected quite a few. Most were in semi restored to restored condition. A few were in work clothes. Mostly  way too much money for me. A Ford 861, nearly identical to mine other than it was painted and  gas instead of diesel, sold for $6500. I think I will paint my tractor and sell it :-)

An Alice Chalmers G in semi-original condition and new rear tire($$$$) only went for 2700. Probably should’ve bid on that one. A Farmall H with brand new  rear tires(again, $$$$$) was going for 1100.   I jumped on that bid; ran it up to 1550, and then dropped out.  The other guy really wanted it, so I  let him have it for 1600.

There was a bunch of John Deere’s there too, but life got in the way. I had too much other work and chores to do. So I didn’t stay.

Spencer Yost