[AT] Maple Farming

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 08:53:34 PDT 2019

When I was a child the place to the north of us, very unique as far as I can tell, operated a sugar bush. I can remember a new Jubilee with Arps half tracks pulling the collection trailer through the maples.

I can remember going to the sugar house and eating hard boiled eggs cooked in the boiling sap. Much of the cost of maple syrup is in the fuel to boil it down fifty to one or so.

In my early 40's, I went to a California location to look at some skid mounted equipment. We wanted to duplicate some of the skid mounting features. That equipment used reverse osmosis filtration to separate Nitrogen from air for industrial use. Years later, I was at  county fair and saw that reverse osmosis filtration was being used to concentrate maple sap so less fuel was required to boil it down.

https://www.ampac1.com/maple-syrup

https://harryferguson.blogspot.com
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5103068/