[AT] Tractors in the movies

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 15 21:43:29 PDT 2019

They took a `popular song, Ode to Billy Joe, and wrote a movie they could use it in. I did not care for the plot. The movie does have a scene where Bobby Lee, walking home, is given a lift on the drawbar of a Farmall H or M, driven by her father. He had been cultivating.

There is another scene when three young drunks in a pickup win a single lane right of way dispute  by ramming Bobby Lee's Dads pickup off the Tallahatchie bridge. He jumps clear just as it goes over. In a scene after that the family are shown going to church in their horse drawn farm wagon.

When my childhood family was just two adults and two children we rode four in a pickup. When we were riding in the 49 Pontiac Woody, I stood behind the front seat and held onto the pole.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ode_to_Billy_Joe_%28film%29

https://harryferguson.blogspot.com
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/5103068/