[AT] AT -Battery desulfator

Richard Walker richardwalker at pobox.com
Sat Mar 9 21:05:39 PST 2019

I have half a dozen old 12V vehicle batteries that check out good for
not having any shorted cells, but fail a load test right after
charging.  And I use a 50-year-old Schumacher charger that will charge
completely dead batteries, unlike the modern electronic "smart" chargers
that won't turn on if hooked to a totally discharged battery.

My results with cheap "desulfators" have been mostly unsuccessful.

 From their personal experience, does anybody have a make and model
recommendation for a good battery desulfator?  Not necessarily a
maintainer, but something more robust that will revive a battery in bad
shape in a few days or a week.

Thanks,

Richard

---