[AT] [Ford-Ferguson] LTX was MF 35 at Agco Jackson

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 9 20:20:14 PST 2019

IMO Harry needed to have anticipated that Massey Harris was really only buying Ferguson to get the three point hitch technology. He needed to have transferred ownership of the LTX designs to another owner before the sale was finalized.  I seem to remember an article in Legacy Quarterly. Massey Harris destroyed every LTX they found and MF continued the practice. He probably could have broken his noncompete agreement on the basis that MH scrapped the LTX program.

[link]YEAR 1946 Production of Ferguson TE tractors starts at Coventry, England. Engineering department gives priority to development of a big Ferguson tractor known as the LTX which was built and tested by the time of the merger with Massey-Harris[end link]

https://www.harryfergusonlegacy.com/pages/brief-life-summary.php?itemid=42

I am sure Jack would appreciate a few thumbs up for his linked in post. LinkedIn has a MasseyFerguson group.

[John Maddock] Now this is interesting... I was intending to be a smartass and broaden the discussion by posting about the Ferguson LTX, assuming Google would turn up numerous links. Wrong! Like the "tractor which never was", I found only two references:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/ferguson-LTX-jack-tractor/

and

https://www.bookdepository.com/Lengendary-Ferguson-LTX-Tractor-Erik-Fredriksen/9781907511110

Somewhere I have a hard copy of a fuller version of the LTX story, and that shows a tractor which looked like the TE20, but larger.