[AT] OT Toyota Forktruck growth was Parts for a Prestolite distributor

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 3 15:19:37 PST 2019

A worklace situation a couple of years back included a 35 Ton Hoist brand forklift. It would hydraulically extend the counterweight to get the higher rating. With the counterweidght (and steering wheels) retracted it had a 25 ton rating. That place did not have automatic die change. Dies were slid into stamping presses with the fork trucks.

Back in the early sixties forklifts were being sold that were essentially utility tractors with a forklift mast where the 3 point hitch would go.

I personally thought that Hoist has some quality issues like unexplained ECM codes. Toyota was already the largest US fork truck manufacturer by volume. This puts them in direct competition in the larger models.

[Brian VanDragt] I've been getting my carb and magneto parts from McDonald Carb and Ignition:

The Caterillar fork trucks were rebranded Mitsubishis.

https://www.mcdonaldcarb.com

Not everything that they can get is in their online store. I email them what I need and they have been able to get anything I have asked for. I'm working on a continental F227 in a Caterpillar/Towmotor lift truck and need to place an order for some Prestolite distributor parts tomorrow also.

Ron Haskell_]Hi all. I am looking for points, rotor and condenser for a Prestolite IDR 4001 5M distributor.  This is on a Teledyne-Continental TC56.  A little two cylinder flat head engine that I just picked up.  The local auto parts stores have no clue, an Internet search turned up the Brillman Co. and I will call them Monday morning.  Any other suggestions appreciated, Thanks.