[AT] Of the 10 worst tractors, two were made by Fiat. 4 were from brands eventually acquired by Fiat.

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 09:23:46 PST 2019

Would not the Fordson F qualify for a worst tractor list spot. That would add one to the Fiat brands total.

They had a reputation for going over backwards, until the hitch was changed.

They had a flywheel housing mounted distributor system which was hard to work on.

The design was not continuously improved much during its period of production.

https://livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe40s/machines_0204.html

Fiat was selling in the US auto market in the mid sixties. I remember a little 4 on the column model.

[Cecil Bearden] My experience of the worst was with a 1010 John Deere, and that Fiat made Oliver.    Both were just too small to compete with the 25 hp Massey Ferguson tractors we had before.